Friday, March 23, 2012

We still need a striker

The Stoke game clearly showed, once again, our main problem.

We need a proper striker.

I'm not saying Defoe, Saha and Van Der Vaart are bad - I think that they are all very talented individuals, but none of them are target men, which is what we need.
Adebayor has been fairly successful this season, but he still lacks that ability to put away shots from all different places (which strikers such as RVP, Gomez and Ibrahimovic are so good at).

Today (not sure if it is a fact or a rumour), Villareal have placed Giuseppe Rossi for sale.
If you have read my blog, you will know that he is one of my favorite players, so I would love it if he came to Spurs. But besides that, I think he would work really well at Tottenham, because he is a very good all round player - quite strong, quite quick and a good finisher.

He's available for around 15 million pounds, due to Villareal's financial problems.
The only problem is that he wants to move to the Serie A so that he can play in his home country, Italy.
Though he hasn't ruled out moving to the premier league yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment